- 1. The Privacy Act 1993 applies to the collection, use, storage and disclosure of information that you provide to us when accessing this Site.
- 2. Edvance does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. Any information that you provide to us when accessing this Site is collected and stored by us. Edvance will only collect personal information which is necessary for our business functions and activities, or to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- 3. Edvance collects, uses and discloses your personal information for a range of purposes. The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
To be able to offer better or improved use of the Site;
To be able to communicate with you in connection with the Site;
To ensure that you can access members only areas (where relevant);
To fix system errors and for support services;
To customise/personalise the information you receive from our Site;
For our research, so that we can improve our products and services and tailor them to better suit your needs;
To track how the Site is used and to identify trends and demographics.
- 4. We will release your information to third parties only when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; protect the rights of Edvance, our users, employees or others.
- Control of your password
- 5. You are responsible for all actions taken with your user name, email address and password, including fees. Therefore we do not recommend that you disclose your Edvance password to any third parties. If you choose to share your user name, email address and password or your information with third parties, you are responsible for all actions taken by them.
- 6. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Ensure you logout when you have finished visiting Edvance, especially if you access Edvance from a shared computer.
- Credit card security
- 7. We work diligently to protect the security of your personal information, including credit card information.
- Advertising and third party links
- 8. Edvance displays third party advertising on the Site. These advertisers may request information directly from users, or link to sites that do so. Edvance has no control over its advertisers' privacy policies, and encourages users to review such policies prior to submitting any personal information to them.
- 9. Edvance contains links to a variety of third party sites to enhance the member's experience and provide further information. Edvance has no control of either the content or privacy policies of such sites, nor should such links be considered an endorsement of these sites except where otherwise noted.
- Other information we collect
- 10. If you choose to post messages in our message areas or leave feedback for other members, we will collect that information you provide to us.
- 11. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other members or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- 12. Customer service phone conversations may be recorded for internal training and quality assurance purposes. This helps us ensure the information we provide members is consistent and accurate. Phone records will be stored securely.
- Updates to our information practices
- 13. From time to time, we make changes to our information practices or alter the functionality of the Site. We will always endeavour to update this statement regularly, so we encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on privacy practices at Edvance.
- 14. If you have any questions about our privacy policies or any other matter, please contact us.